Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Technology Orgy


I hate to spend money on myself. I hate buying clothes with a passion. One of my favorite shirts, which my husband despises, I bought at Walmart for a buck 11 years ago. He seems to think I shouldn't wear it any more, but I like it. I have about 4 pair of shoes, one of them, that are my "good church shoes" some friends bought for me in 1993.

But unexpected money in my mind always equals technology. And since we had some this week, I felt a need to go ahead and buy myself a new computer. And when there was extra, hey, I needed a new Ipad too. And so I went out and bought a much nicer one than the one I bought for Bart ... SO THAT I could give the newer one to him and take the old one from him for myself. It was a blessed few days of getting things all set up -- which can be a bit annoying when things don't work right -- but now I am raring to go. I get so much more accomplished with faster, newer machines. For some reason they motivate me.

So this morning I have a new lease on life -- all due to my wonderful friends at Apple. Oh how I have loved them. Ever since 1988 when I bought my very first Macintosh 2ci (pictured above. No, not actually MINE, but a stolen google image of one).

Here are a few stories of recent days that should give you a chuckle.

Tony, very interested in joining the army when he graduates, mentioned he might like to join RSVP at school. SInce RSVP in our town stands for Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, I asked him if he might mean ROTC.

***********************

Bart and I were having a mild disagreement the other day and Dominyk overheard us and said, "You guys getting divorced? YEAH!!!! TWO CHRISTMASES.

***********************

Last night one of our "adult" children pointed out that the dog was much calmer when we had only three kids at home. This demonstrated faulty reasoning on his part for two reasons: We have NEVER had three kids in the house (went from 2 to 4) and when we got the dog we already had 9 children. Sigh.

***********************

This same son has put to beds together -- two twins. So when he and a girl were napping together with her arm draped around him and I accused them of breaking a family rule about not having someone of the opposite sex in bed with you, he simply replied, "it's two beds." Sigh again.

***********************

Bart asked one of our sons yesterday who isn't living with us if he could send him a CARE package. He responded something about an ice cream cake.

***********************

Well, enough Fletcher comedy for this morning. Ricardo is ready for me to take him to summer school. He has actually smiled a few times this week. Maybe we're making progress....

1 comment:

Angela :-) said...

I didn't know you had a dog. It must be too well behaved to make it on the blog. You could always send a gift card for an ice cream cake.

Angela :-)