Friday, June 25, 2010

From the bottom of a deep deep hole


Wow, am I tired. I feel like I'm down in a hole. I had a strange night. We got home at 11:30 and Bart and I talked until 12:30. I then fell into a deep sleep but had a dream that one of the girls had crawled in bed with me with Gabby. However, I had no idea where I was. When I woke up, I looked around trying to figure it out. I literally had to study my own bedroom in the dark for several minutes before I realized I was home.

Then at 7:15 this time I woke up and looked at my watch, which I had forgotten to change and then asked a very confused Dominyk (who had just been awakened by Bart for summer school) why he was up walking around at 5:15. It took me a while to figure out my mistake. All of this had me very confused as I tried to get up and get moving for an 8:30 appointment.

I am STILL dragging. Drying to guzzle some caffeine, but it isn't helping very much. I just feel so out of it.

Yesterday's trip home was fairly calm all the way. Gabby had slept well so she was rested and feeling better. She travelled very well, thanks to Salinda's excellent parenting. SHe is so good and patient with her and always tends to her every need. Salinda and I had one of the best conversations we've had in years on the plane. Somehow we didn't get seated with Sadie and so we had a long time to just talk. She ended up saying she was glad she had come (much different from her view on Tuesday) and we ended the trip on a positive note.

Now that we're back I look back and am glad we made the effort. My parents were happy, the girls were fine, and I got to know my granddaughter and my daughters better. It was exhausting in many ways, but worth the effort. And I got a four generation picture. That's gotta be worth all the hassle.

Now if this caffeine will just kick in and I can get some energy.....

No comments: