Friday, June 01, 2007

My Mouth is Hanging Open

This morning they acted exactly like i dreamed they could/would.

I said to everyone, "I could use 10 minutes of everyone's time to straighten up. Bart told me yesterday that (and I listed the six relatives) are coming to spend the night. If we all pitch in, we can have the house straightened up by the time you leave for school."

And they did it. They all chipped in. I gave specific assignments to people and they just did it. Nobody argued. Of course, I must point out that Tony had already left for school....

However, the rest did exactly what I was told. And there still needs to be some mopping and vacuuming done, but the house is fairly tidy -- clutter is at least hidden, things wiped down. Not a disaster.

Now grant it, it was pretty tidy when we started -- not out of control, but it's just the fact that for a half hour I got cooperation from everyone in the house.

My mouth is hanging open.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You go girl. Delegate that work

Amie said...

wow........awesome! Congratulations to Rand!