Thursday, June 28, 2007

Feeling a Little Empty and Alone and Odd

My husband is taking 4 kids camping.

Now, if you know my husband, this will shock you. Just as much as his new found love of soccer.

He is taking them to give me a chance to have a break and get stuff done. Tomorrow is his day off and he wants to spend time with them. They have a cabin rented (which, by the way is cheaper than taking our family to a movie) and the kids are excited.

But I'm feeling a little bit strange. I hate camping, and the thought of a cabin and campfire, and sleeping bags, and discomfort doesn't at all appeal to me. But the thought of being left out of memory making causes me a great deal of empty sadness.

I'm going to try to make up for it. I'm going to go to the coffee shop this afternoon to work and maybe take a break to visit with friends. And I"m going to send Rand and Jimmy out with some $ for supper and Salinda and I are going to go alone. I'm hoping we can have a nice time, but I'm dubious. She's been pretty moody and uncommunicative lately and I find her "I'm bored and there's nothing I can do about it, I'm such a victim" mentality annoying beyond measure.

I have a work related meeting tonight. Maybe afterwards I'll get a nice PG-13 movie that we can all watch together.

But my husband is going off with the younger kids to make memories without me. And that makes me sad.

and i feel a little empty... and alone .... and odd.

and WHINEY!

No comments: