Friday, June 29, 2007

Drained

I just spent a half hour on the phone with the Billing Company that is trying to get us to pay the bill for Mike's Chemical Dependency Treatment.

The bill was so much higher than the courts told us it would be. I had to tell the whole long story. Twice. And I'm feeling quite drained.

I hated reliving the emotions of the year. I hated detailing what most people would conclude is parental failure. I hated admitting that he can no longer live with us. I hated reporting that he was current estranged from the family and homeless.

It makes me sad. It makes me feel empty inside. It makes me emotionally drained.

They agreed to waive most of the bill. That's the good news. But the emotional price I had to pay telling the story is almost as costly as the bill itself.

But on a brighter note, the kids had a great time camping. I'm not sure if Bart had a great time, but the kids did.

1 comment:

debbie said...

claudia, that camping blog just cracked me up. and every word made so much sense, i could visualize that trip!!! you guys simply must must must write a book or maybe a regular magazine story. you again have been the highlight of my day!!!