Sunday, June 17, 2007

Another Father's Day Tribute

Kim, our friend that I just blogged about read this to Bart in church this morning, as a surprise to him:

Happy Fathers Day to All Fathers

A Special Happy Father’s Day to Pastor Bart

I would just like to say, Pastor Bart, that you are a wonderful father and I wish that when I was in foster care I had parents like you and Claudia. You guys have been truly good friends to me and I would like to thank you.

When Claudia took me to the Cities on Thursday to pick up my son we had a nice little take. You know, it’s funny, because I had been wishing that you guys were my foster parents. And Claudia asked me on the trip if she could blog about my family and say that you guys were going to be like my kids grandparents. I said sure, because I already look to you guys as parents, even though you really aren’t that old. Thank you for everything you’ve done.

I wrote this poem for you.

Right from the start we were friends.

Maybe it was the things we have in common or maybe it was the love that I found in you, but whatever it was I’m happy it brought us together. The very first time I met you and your family, right from the start, I felt wanted. Bart and Claudia, I knew you were someone who truly understood and understands me and I feel I have learned a lot about you and your family as well. A friendship like yours makes me appreciate how rare and beautiful true friendship is and what a real family is like. I am so grateful for what we share and I hope that you all will always be apart of me and my family’s life.

Happy Father’s Day. I love you guys.

You can read Bart's account of the tribute here

No comments: