Saturday, April 15, 2006

Home again again

Wow, what a weekend. I think it is best that I blog multiple times a day, because I have so many up and down emotions that I can’t fit it all in.

You can tell that we’re tired cuz our entries are short but I won’t repeat what Paula and Kari said about the weekend. Read their blogs and you’ll know.

We got a lot done and had a ton of fun, but I am not used to the physical labor required by a weekend like this. I am just exhausted. But our friends are so great, and our kids have so much fun together. It was great being together.

And to his credit, John was very good yesterday and today. Trying really hard to be appropriate. And I think his new dosages and timings of meds are helping.

I promise I will blog more tomorrow about the trip, but I have Easter clothes to get ready. After cleaning up all the paint stuff, with lots of help from Kari and some help from my kids, we left Mankato in time to be home by supper time. Afterwards I did dishes here.

Not having the metabolism of Cindy nor the physical energy of Kari or Paula, I’m wiped out. I am used to working hard all day long while planted firmly on my BUTT. This on my feet all day doing physical work for three days is not only unusual, but it is painful, annoying, and exhausting.

But how can I complain when I have such awesome friends.

One thing I did want to blog though, is what Kari said about my blog. She said something like this this weekend. “Your blog is like a serious car accident. You know you shouldn’t look, but you just can’t help yourself.”

I considered making a poll about this, but I’m too tired and can’t think of all the responses, but do you think that is a compliment???

4 comments:

Kari said...

LOL, I knew you would blog about me saying that! I only meant that your life has been a little like a car wreck lately and faithful readers of your blog (like me) have a hard time not looking as we drive by!

How pathetic is this?-- Even though I knew you were in town and had no access to the internet at your house, I still checked your blog several times this weekend!

I noticed that there was no mention of all the man-hugging you did over the weekend! ~Kari

Claudia said...

OK, you started it. I may have hugged a couple men, but you invited a group of very decent people over for an "Adult Movie" night.

Can't top that!

Kari said...

Claudia,
We should probably just be quiet at this point or Bart will never let you hang out with me again! ~Kari

Kathyb1960 said...

I like reading your blog even though I know there are multiple things that could/do happen, and I'm almost scared to read it. But, at the same time, I'm dying to find out what's going on--even tho I am still only in 2006! LOL

So I guess that is a good POV that she said.

OH, and the word verification for this entry is...hyper! LOL That's funny.